Enjoy something new...vacationing or celebrating in Vintage-Wow!
Video Tour Here
In the quaint town of Southport, NC, on the historic walking trail and just two blocks from
downtown and the waterfront, you’ll find a 1912 general store that sold candy and now has been
renovated into a modern, short-term vacation rental. Still remaining are the wood walls, ceilings
and store windows, as well as original sinks and a clawfoot tub. Named the CandyStoreHouse,
vacationing guests will find that the 918 square foot property is comfortable, in a great location
and is “Vintage-Wow!”
About Southport, NC
* An easy 2 hour 45 minute drive from Raleigh
* Seven miles to Oak Island public beaches with free parking and Caswell lighthouse
* A $5, 30-minute ferry taking passengers and vehicles to Ft. Fisher and the aquarium
* A popular filming location for TV and movies including Safe Haven, Mary and Martha, Under the Dome and I Know
What You Did Last Summer.
* Many historical sites and events, restaurants, gift shops, boutiques and antique stores
* Visitors Center, carriage rides, pirate stories, Civil War cannon (that is often fired!) and ghost walking tours
* Golf, fishing, sports adventures, kid-friendly activities, parks and playgrounds, special events
* For more details: Rudd.com and Oak Island Accommodations
About the Candy Store House
* Built approximately 1912, the building has been a general store that sold candy, George Autry’s Shoe Repair, a
watch repair, a laundromat and the Shell Museum.
* On the National Register of Historic Properties
* Floorplan is below
* Totally renovated in 2012 with new electric, plumbing, heating, AC, venting and insulation.
* Open space great room, sitting areas, gas fireplace, cable TV, DVD player, table for four, fully-stocked kitchen,
washer and dryer, daybed with trundle, king bed, half bath, master bath, shower and original sinks and clawfoot tub.
Availability and Reservations
* Through Southport Accommodations, a division of Oak Island Accommodations
* Direct link to Candy Store House
* Rates are $850 - $1175 weekly; nightly rates available and occasional special rates
Thanks for considering our sweet little place for your special vacation or celebration!
John and Susan Lambeth